Thursday 13 June 2013

Little Birdies

Well Hello! (Lesley Philips style, those of you old enough will understand this LOL)

So anyway on we go... during half term I had lots on my 'to do' list but after a lovely bank holiday walk along the canal with the family I started the worst cold I have ever had (bearing in mind that I can't remember the last time I had a cold, you see I don't do colds I'm never ill ARE YOU LISTENING!!). So before I know it, it was back to work and the every day activities known as life.

Last Thursday I thought it was about time (as I felt more normal, what ever that is LOL) I caught up on those jobs. Down came the front curtains, washed, windows and PVC cleaned, ironed and back up. Now I could concentrate on the new window dressing I had been thinking about for a while, you know when it keeps coming to the front of your head but then something else pushes it out the way?

We have rather large windows with old fashioned top lights which I love, these are split into 5 across the window, I made some faux pointy blinds, well panels really.

What next..I had some wooden birdies from the lovely PaperArtsy people which have been sat very patiently waiting to be decorated.

These were painted with nougat fresco paint, crackle glaze and topped off with a layer of claret, after which, I mixed a little squid ink with some grunge paste and stencilled using prima flourish and TWC mini art is stencils.

Here they are drying :) very well behaved birdies, I then brushed them up in places with Treasure Gold...as you do.



 
 
When I was at North West Happy Stampers show with my best bud Sue in May we acquired some pretty cameos and pendants, so these were coloured too with claret, pewter and treasure gold. Now these were going to hang off my blinds/panels so I had to think how I was going to do this. Simples. fabric rosette with painted buttons and attached with large pres-stud so I can take them off when I wash the curtains (not that that happens very often LOL).
 
So here are the finished articles which proved really hard to photograph with the light from the windows. I must admit the material is a little dark so I may to see if I can live with or not but we'll see. It looks even darker in the photo with the back light!!
 


 
Thanks for stopping by leave a comment if you fancy :)
 
Happy Craftin
Rebecca
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. What a fab idea Rebecca and those birds are gorgeous. I understand where you are coming from about the dark material but they do look wonderful so I hope you can live with them. Hugs Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete